Namaste! Tree Frog Kids Yoga brings yoga, creative movement, and mindfulness to children in northern Delaware and the surrounding area. Tree Frog's mission is three-fold:
• To bring the joy and benefits of yoga, creative movement, and mindfulness to children of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds.
• To provide children with yoga and mindfulness tools for addressing their physical, emotional, and other therapeutic needs.
• To strengthen families and support classroom learning through yoga and minfulness practice and play.
Why is Yoga and Mindfulness is Important for Children?
A growing body of research demonstrates the many benefits of yoga and mindfulness for children:
• Physical health
• Increased self-regulation
• Increased focus and awareness
• Increased calm and emotional wellbeing
• Improved sensory integration
• Increased cognition and literacy
• Increased compassion and empathy
• Increased self-esteem and self-worth
Yoga and mindfulness have also been shown to improve the physical and emotional health of children with various therapeutic needs, including:
• Autism Spectrum Disoders (ASD)
• Cancer and other chronic illnesses
• Down syndrome
• Early trauma and loss
• Motor delays and disabilities
• Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD)
Ultimately, planting the seeds of yoga and mindfulness in children provides them with tools for healthy living that they can turn to and further develop throughout their lives.